What is Ketamine HCL?
Ketamine belongs to the class of dissociative anesthetics. It has a structure that resembles phencyclidine (PCP). It produces a trance-like state and a sense of disconnection from the environment.
This is an anesthetic used in veterinary and in surgery for humans.
It has illegal uses as a club drug like ecstasy and abused as a date rape drug.
What are the different forms or types of Ketamine HCL?
Ketamine HCL is available in the form of injectable, pill or powdered form.
What are the other street names of the Ketamine HCL?
The street names of Ketamine HCL are:
- Cat Valium
- Special K
- Vitamin K
- The horse tranquilizer
- Super K
Where to buy Ketamine HCL?
You can buy Ketamine HCL from our online store. We ship the products worldwide.
What are the uses of drug Ketamine HCL?
Ketamine HCL has the folwing uses:
- This medicine is approved for use in the hospitals and other medical settings.
This is a safer use because it doesn’t have an impact on the protective airway reflexes, neither does it depress the circulatory system such as the other anesthetic medications.
- Its off-label use is for the treatment of depression. It means the US FDA has not approved the use of the drug.
- It is used as an anesthesia.
- It can cause relaxation and relieve pain in humans and animals.
- It has recreational uses. It is also abused because of its tranquilizing impacts on human beings.
What is the dosage of Ketamine HCL?
The intravenous dosage of Ketamine HCL ranges from 1 mg/kg to 4.5 mg/kg. For producing 5-10 minutes surgical anesthesia, 2 mg/kg of the medicine is needed.
In the adults, an intravenous dose of 1-2 mg/kg is administered at the rate of 0.5 mg/kg/min to induce anesthesia. Along with this, 2-5 mg of diazepam doses are administered in a separate syringe over 60 seconds
It should be noted that the 00 mg/mL concentration of ketamine
HCL should be injected intravenously only with proper dilution with Sterile Water for injection, USP, Normal Saline, or 5% Dextrose in Water
The intra-muscular dose range is 6.5 to 13 mg/kg to cause 12-25 minutes of surgical anesthesia.
Ketamine HCL Overdose
The overdose or a frequent dose of Ketamine HCL leads to respiratory depression. This case needs the employment of supportive ventilation. Mechanical respiration is preferred while administering analeptics.
What are the short and long-term effects of Ketamine HCL?
The side-effects of Ketamine HCL are enumerated below:
- Occurrence of drowsiness
- Alterations in perceptions of color or sound
- The occurrence of hallucinations, confusion, and delirium
- Experiencing dissociation from body or identity
- Experiencing agitation
- Facing difficulty thinking or learning
- Experiencing nausea
- The occurrence of dilated pupils and changes in eyesight
- Experiencing the inability to control eye movements
- Occurrence of involuntary muscle movements and muscle stiffness
- The occurrence of slurred speech
- Occurrence of numbness
- Occurrence of amnesia
- Slow down of the heart beats
- The occurrence of behavioral changes
- Experiencing increased pressure in the eyes and brain.
- Experiencing loss of appetite, upset stomach, and vomiting.
- When used in excess amounts, it has negative impact on the mental and physical health. If used for a longer time, it causes tolerance and psychological addiction. Addiction also leads to depression.
- The occurrence of psychosis.
- Experiencing an impaired motor function
- The occurrence of high blood pressure
- Experiencing respiratory problems
- Occurrence of seizures
- Its abuse makes the person vulnerable to assault, so it is termed s a date rape drug also.
- Up to 24 hours, the person faces issues with coordination, judgment, and the physical senses
- The long-term impact of the drug includes bladder and kidney problems, stomach pain, and memory loss.
- If the medicine is used frequently, it leads to severe mental disorders and major physical harm to the bladder which is termed as ketamine-induced ulcerative cystitis.
- Quitting the medicine suddenly causes depression, anxiety, insomnia, and flashbacks.
- Intense effects can be seen when the higher doses are taken. These are termed as “K-hole” in which the users are unable to move or communicate and feel away from their body. Some enjoy it while some people find it quite terrifying.
- Combining Ketamine HCL with alcohol can cause the sedative impacts to get increased, which leads to a fatal overdose. So alcohol consumption must be avoided.
- Sometimes Ketamine anesthesia leads to disturbing sensations when awakening.SO it needs to exercise with extreme caution and necessary steps have to be taken if this occurs.
- Persons suffering from certain medical conditions can’t take this medicine.
These health conditions include:
- brain swelling
- brain lesion or tumor
- coronary artery disease
- increased blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- chronic alcohol addiction
- acute alcohol intoxication
- an aneurysm
- chest pain
- mental illness
- Persons over the age of 65 years must be administered the doses with caution because they are more prone to the side-effects.
- If you have any kind of allergy, then you need to inform it to your doctor, before taking the medicine.
- If you are using this drug for therapeutic purposes regularly, then it is necessary to have regular check-ups of your blood pressure.
How to get Ketamine HCL prescription?
In case of a surgical requirement, this drug is prescribed by the doctor for anesthesia. Since this drug has abuse potential it must never be taken without a doctor’s prescription. This can be purchased without the doctor’s prescription from our online store but we strongly recommend you not to use this medicine without the guidance of a health professional.
What is the legal status of Ketamine HCL?
Ketamine HCL is marketed legally in a number of countries but it is a controlled substance in many countries too.