What is Crystal Meth?
Crystal Meth is an extremely addictive stimulant. This substance which has been invented by man doesn’t have any prominent therapeutic uses, though in very rare instances it is indicated for intractable ADHD and extreme obesity conditions.
What are the different forms or types of Crystal Meth?
- It comes in crystalline white powdered form, which has no odor. It has a bitter taste and easily dissolves in water or alcohol.
- It can also be found in the form of rocks of shiny blue-white color.
- Other colors in which it is available, includes brown, yellow-gray, orange and even pink.
- This also comes in the form of a pill, which is the compressed form of the powdered drug.
What are the uses of the Crystal Meth drug?
- Developing a strong desire for continuing its usage, and become addicted to it.
- To get a false sense of happiness and well being.
- For the reduction in their appetite.
How does Crystal Meth work?
Crystal Meth is a stimulant that has an impact on the brain, spinal cord, and central nervous system. It alters the way in which your body processes the neurotransmitters which are responsible for the communication between the nerve cells and brain cells. Dopamine is the neurotransmitter which is affected to the greatest extent by the drug as it is released in larger quantities on taking the drug. Since this neurotransmitter is related to the feelings of pleasure and reward, you get a sense of euphoria which is termed as “rush”. During this, there is a rise in heart rate, blood pressure, and libido.
What are the short and long-term effects of Crystal Meth?
The duration for which the impact of Crystal Meth remains in your system is about a day. After this, you would experience a post-rush phase which is referred to as “tweaking”.
- Paranoia, irritability, hallucination, and delusion occurs when you tweak on meth as euphoria is replaced with these feelings.
- You can feel a period of depression which is also known as “crash”
- as the Crystal Meth depletes the dopamine supply in the body quickly. During this crash, depression, and fatigue occurs.
- The chronic use of the drug causes permanent alteration on the way in which brain processes the memories and emotions. This leads to mood disturbances, paranoia, violent behavior, and symptoms consistent with psychosis.
- Long-term use of the drug leads to a damage of the motor skills.
- The abuse of Meth for a long term can cause serious health issues such as skin lesions, tooth decay, sexually transmitted diseases and sometimes stroke or heart attack.
- Painful penis erection for as long as 4 hours or even more.
What is the dosage of Crystal Meth?
For the short term treatment of obesity in the case of adults, the recommended dose is one 5-milligram (mg) tablet. It has to be taken one-half hour prior to each meal.
Those who are of the age of 6 and above and diagnosed with ADHD, then the dose should be 5mg once or two times per day.
The dose that is taken daily can be increased by 5mg at intervals of 1 week until the achievement of an optimum clinical response.
20-25 mg is the usual effective dose of this drug.
What is the overdose of Crystal Meth?
Taking Meth more than the recommended dose can lead to overdose symptoms which require the poison control center to be called immediately. The symptoms include:
- Feeling restlessness
- Tremor or muscle twitches
- Rapid breathing
- Experiencing confusion and hallucinations
- Panic or aggression
- Pain in the muscle, tenderness, or weakness.
- Fever or flu symptoms
- Dark colored urine
- Depression and tiredness.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain.
- Uneven heartbeats
- Light-headedness, fainting.
- Seizure or coma.
- This drug must not be used for the treatment of obesity for those below 12 years old because of the lack of any evidence of its safety and effectiveness
- The instructions of the doctor must be strictly followed as well as the directions on the prescription label. Avoid taking it without doctor’s prescription as it can lead to death or serious health issues.
- You must avoid taking it longer than the prescribed duration and more than the prescribed amount.
- If you find that after taking the drug, your appetite increases slowly, then also you must not increase the dosage. In such a case, it is advisable to call the doctor.
- You must adhere to a calorie-restricted diet while under the drug.
- If a dose of the drug is missed and it is time for the next dose, then avoid the skipped dose but never take an extra dose.
- Taking the medicine in the later part of the day may lead to sleep problems, so take it in the initial part of the day.
- It must never be shared with anyone without a prescription. If you stop taking the drug then you should bring the remaining drug back to the pharmacist for their safe disposal.
What are the other street names of Crystal Meth?
How to get Crystal Meth prescription?
Physicians prescribe Crystal Meth for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and other medical conditions. Even with a prescription, it should be taken strictly under the guidance of a doctor. You can purchase it from our store without a prescription, but we strongly recommend you to buy it with one as it has serious life-threatening side effects if not taken with the guidance of a physician.
What is the legal status of Crystal Meth?
This drug comes under the Schedule II category which means that it has a potential for abuse. Its street sales are illegal. You can contact us prior to purchase for any questions